435

I attended my first ever Winnipeg Folk Festival since I moved in this city 12 years ago and I can't believe I waited that long to experience it. The entire weekend was filled with wonderful music, great weather, friendly people and happy vibes all over. I specifically wanted to go to see Dallas Green of City and Colour live and he did not disappoint. Aside from that I also got to discover various bands/groups that created music from all over the world -- Rura from Scotland, DakhaBrakha from Ukraine, Esme Patterson from the USA and local favourites, Begonia & Bruce Cockburn from Manitoba. The entire festival was not just about music but also about the people. There is a lot to be said with the general vibe of the crowd. Everybody was in such a relaxed positive mood - from babies chasing bubbles, to the young ones dancing bare feet and the elderly eagerly moving from one stage to another. This one is definitely a highlight of the summer and I can't wait to be back next year!

7 comments: