187



 Cebu Food Adventures begin with traditional Filipino lunch at Cafe Laguna. With only restaurants located south of the country, this place boasts of authentic Filipino cuisines like the ones above. Lunch consisted of Bulalo (Beef Shank soup), Kare Kare (Ox tail stew in peanut-based sauce), Sizzling Nocos (stuffed squid) and Crispy Pata (deep fried pig trotters/knuckles).

 Always save room for dessert. It is only proper to have Filipino desserts after that meal. 
Buko Pandan (green gelatine & young coconut in sweetened milk topped with rice crispies)
Puto Bumbong (purple rice cake with grated coconut and brown sugar) 
Palitaw (sweet rice cake dipped in grated coconut with white sugar and toasted sesame seeds)

Cebu = Lechon. Lechon = Roasted Pig. 
Roasted Pig = Juicy white meat and crispy pork skin

Sutukil: coined from combining letters from the words “SUgba, TUla, and KILaw”, which means grilling (sugba), stewing in broth (tula), and eating raw foods (kilaw). All sutukil restaurants have the general idea of letting the diners pick their own fresh seafood from the 'market' and deciding how they want them to be prepared as a dish.  

Manna STK Food House. Picked a popular sutukil restaurant to eat at and decided to have Crab in chili sauce, Garlic Prawns and Grilled Squid. Yup, I will never get tired of eating seafood.

Lechon for take out. Just before heading back to Manila, there was a need to take home lechon. Conveniently located at the terminal gates of the Cebu airport, Zubuchon takes the much loved roasted pig and incorporates it to traditional Filipino dishes. There's adobong lechon, lechon sisig, lechon dinuguan and really, I can go on forever, hahahaha!

Instagram On other news, I just got an Instagram account! It really is mostly used for following people/businesses I like. But, just in case you're interested in that side of my life, follow me @animatedconfessions

30 comments:

  1. Ummmm they look so yummy! Love to try them someday.. Last meal looks similar to Chinese food? Thanks for sharing it:) xo akiko
    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so good, especially the rice cake with coconut and brown sugar!

    prosecco in the park

    ReplyDelete
  3. URGH THE BEST POST EVER!!!! I need some of that lechon <3

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So now I am very hungry, great post and love your blog!!
    Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh you made it there!!! so happy dear! I love those restaurants! their foods are amazing <3
    to bad we didn't meet each other while you were still in Ubec ahhaa

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those restaurants look so yummy! (^O^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that food looks really different from my usual! Sounds yummy :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cafe Laguna looks like my kind of place! Way too many deliciousness going on here~!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would really like to try these desserts! And thanks for informing me about sutukil - I had never heard about this before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! The food looks absolutely mouthwatering! So jealous!

    xoxo,
    Maggie S.
    http://clothestomidnight.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ummmm, yum. Wrong post to look at right before dinner is ready, lol! Looks fantastic.

    -- Alex at Cashmere Kangaroo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, wow!!! Looks delicious!! Philippines has the BEST seafood <3 And no, I'm not biased just 'cos I'm Filipino lol

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg am hungry now Looks so delisious
    . www.rumelatheshopaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you are having a wonderful time! I have not really tried any Philippine cuisine, I hope there are a lot of yummy options for vegetarians :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh gosh, all that food looks amazing! I'd love to have some stuffed squid right now :D

    http://bellapummarola.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like there was lots to love! Hope the rest of your trip was this tasty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! It sure looks like you're having so much fun! The food you posted looks really good too =D
    Have loads of fun and keep the pictures coming =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Somehow it seems I'm always looking at your website around dinner time... your pictures really make me hungry, haha ;) They look amazing!

    xxx
    http://www.rockinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. ohh this place looks like so much fun and all the food is delicious
    hehe and yes there is always room for dessert!!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. It sounds very good!

    http://ladyparisienne.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my goodness, yum!! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment :) Made my day

    www.andrea-clare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yum!! I need to eat now haha
    http://debsbug.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my goodness! i love food so much and this all looks so amazing and yummy! I am hungry now :)

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Food looks AMAZING! Nommmm ;) Thanks for stopping by!

    xo Jenny
    Tsangtastic.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yum everything looks amazing! Especially the seafood!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG im salivating!!! Cebu has the best lechon ever!!


    Uris
    http://my-sinina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very positive blog - just followed! Please check out my blog and follow back if you like it! It would mean a lot to me! Thanks! :)

    www.stylartbyguni.com

    ReplyDelete