419

 
 
 
 
I'm one day late than my usual Monday posts, but I promise it's going to be a fully packed blog entry today, plus a video too! Over the weekend I managed to check out a bunch of new spots in the city and  try new events and experiences. I went for a quick day trip to Gimli, Manitoba (1 hour from Winnipeg) and saw how the harbour was during winter time. It was so cool, literally and figuratively, to see the frozen water with all the ice fishing huts around. Food stops for the day included Flatland Coffee Roasters - a Gimli must, Thaw Bakery - a new fusion style bakery with French and Asian influences in their pastries (I highly recommend their Matcha Brioche), La Pampa - offspring of a downtown restaurant called Corrientes that specializes in gourmet Argentinian empanadas (over 21 varieties and is a family business with the friendliest owners).

I was also finally able to check out Mur Lifestyle's studio and space at the Exchange District. If you haven't heard of this online store yet, go and search them now and browse through the most beautiful selection of curated home pieces. Just like their entire aesthetic, their space was minimal, functional and charming. It was a pleasure to meet one of the owners, Joel to chat with him about the brand's vision and aspirations. I bought a couple of things that I'm excited to share on IG.

Later in the evening, I attended a Filipino pop up dinner hosted by Creme Del'Essence and Manila Nights. The event was called Hapunan (meaning 'dinner') and consisted of a 5-course meal with Filipino inspired dishes. To cap the night, my friends and I decided to head to one of the newest microbrewery in the city, Little Brown Jug. Nothing beats ending a long day with a nice cold pint of beer and LBJ totally delivered that.


In case you don't want to read through all that text, here's a video recap of my weekend adventures. 

6 comments:

  1. Incredibly pics my dear. Great Post
    http://carrieslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! What camera do you use?

    http://www.kyroandstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that food looks glorious! Seeing the snow, I feel a little envious because the weather in the Philippines right now is close to burning.

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely photos

    Wendee//theglossychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woow gr at pics my dear
    www.carrieslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete